Sunday, January 16, 2011

What is Bitchassness?

What is BITCHASSNESS?

I'm not sure I know how to describe the word bitchassness, but I can tell you all with out a doubt that my 2011 will be bitchassness-free!

You know, I'd like to think I was able to navigate the social waters of high school pretty well. Seeing as college ended up being nothing but high school on a larger scale, I'd like to think I was able to fair the same, if not better in college. When I applied to Peace Corps, I guess I expected something to be different, you know, I guess I expected people to be more mature, and for the days of high school to finally be over. Guess what? That expectation was too great.

One of my good friends in country and I are starting to realize that it's a tall order for people to change. People seem to spend WAY too much time comparing their situations to that of others, and not enough time just dealing with it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do the same thing in regards to things such as my housing situation, and the number of Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) neighbors in my region of the country, but you know what, I'm done with that. My complaining, does nothing but work me up, and put me in a funk for a day or two. From now on, I'm just going to suck it up, and do me.

I have some kick-ass projects going on, and despite whatever problem I have at any given time related to Americans, I realize that I truly do love Burkina Faso. When I just think to myself, “Ebben, NOBITCHASSNESS”, everything becomes that much better. When I really do examine MY SITUATION, and I'm not comparing myself to others, I realize that I have a pretty sweet thing going for me here in Burkina Faso. I am actually already considering doing a third year, and I've only been here six months! Yeah, there is a whole lot of bitchassness in country on all sides, but hey, show me a country that doesn't have some bitchassness.

Bitchassness takes what form in your life? Do you have a crazy-ass boss who you can't stand? Is there someone at your place of work that does jack shit, but just got that promotion you were up for cause they are in with the crazy-ass boss? Does your name keep coming out of other people's mouths for reasons unbeknown to you? Dude, that's all bitchassness, and you know what you can do to fix that? Next to NOTHING. The ONLY thing you can do is not give into the situation by wasting time stressing about it. When you find yourself experiencing what I like to call “the bitchassness”, just laugh at it, and remember the phrase P.Diddy made so famous years ago on “Making the Band”, “NO BITCHASSNESS!”

2 comments:

  1. Spot on, dude. Spot on. Love this post, definitely gonna share it with some of my PC Philippines friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and I know exactly what you mean. lol

    tiff (cuz)

    =]

    ReplyDelete